The velvety-smooth texture of our beet soup provides warmth on the coldest days – and will cool you during the hot summer months! While beets deliver the color, we’ve also added apple, Swiss chard, and a touch of horseradish for a balanced bowl that will leave you satisfied.
This stunning red soup isn’t just a looker! It also delivers a nutrient-dense punch of fiber, folate, potassium, vitamin C, magnesium and antioxidants.
BEETS: Beets’ signature red color is the product of betalains, a natural plant pigment that provides antioxidants and helps reduce inflammation. Beets are also high in folate, potassium, magnesium and fiber.
LEEKS: Leeks contain high amounts of vitamin K, lutein, iron, folate, and flavonoids. A member of the allium family of plants, leeks may reduce the risk of certain cancers.
SWISS CHARD: This nutritious leafy green is high in vitamins A, C and K, as well as potassium, magnesium, iron and fiber.
Main Benefits of the nutrients in these ingredients:
- Vitamin A: good for immunity function and vision, and is an antioxidant.
- Vitamin B9/Folate: helps with the production of red blood cells and keeps DNA strong.
- Vitamin C: strengthens the immune system and aids in collagen production.
- Vitamin E: supports vision and skin health, and regeneration of blood cells.
- Vitamin K: improves blood clotting and regenerates bone tissue.
- Lutein: supports eye and vision health.
- Flavonoids: reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic disease.
Low Fat and Low Calorie
Dairy, Soy and Gluten Free
SPICE PAIRING OR TOPPING SUGGESTION
Toppings: Non-Dairy Sour Cream, Chopped Cucumbers and Dill
Pairings: Baked or Roasted Potatoes
Protein: Hard or Soft Boiled Eggs; Oven-Roasted Chicken
-Can be served hot or cold-