Spring Pea and Mint
The Summer season is celebrated with soup at 18 Chestnuts. Whether it’s served chilled or warm, our Spring Pea and Mint soup brings lightness with its beautifully stated mint flavor and smooth texture.
Its striking green vitality is the first indicator of the goodness in every spoonful. From spring peas, arugula, and radishes to sweet potatoes and vegetable stock, we’ve packed this soup with the best spring offerings from our farmers.
Not only is this soup stunning to look at and delicious to eat, but it delivers calcium, potassium, vitamin A and more.
SPRING PEAS: Spring Peas are actually part of legume family. Very low in calories, they are known for higher dietary fiber count and wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A, K, C, thiamine, folate, manganese, antioxidants and in addition, their star status comes from high protein content.
ARUGULA: Comes from the family of cruciferous vegetables and is a nutritious wonder that contains calcium, iron, vitamins A, C K, potassium and magnesium. Arugula has antioxidants that can protect and even reverse cell damage.
RADISHES: Also from the family of cruciferous vegetables and are virtually fat free. They contain antioxidants, Vitamin C, potassium and most notably have antifungal properties that help with better digestion.
Main Benefits of the nutrients in these ingredients:
- Vitamin A: good for immunity function and vision, and is an antioxidant
- Vitamin B9/Folate: helps with the production of red blood cells and keeps DNA strong
- Vitamin C: strengthens the immune system and aids in collagen production
- Vitamin K: improves blood clotting and regenerates bone tissue
- Potassium: vital for synthesizing protein and metabolizing carbohydrates
- Magnesium: helps with moving blood sugar into your muscles
Low Fat and Low Calorie
Dairy, Soy and Gluten Free
SPICE PAIRING OR TOPPING SUGGESTION
Toppings: Plant-based Crème Fraiche, Roasted Potatoes, Hemp Shelled Seeds
Pairings: Farro, Sprouts, Baked Tofu