Sip spring with our Asparagus Shiitake Soup. Although asparagus is the star of this bowl, locally grown shiitake mushrooms shine with the aroma of Pisgah National Forest.
Low in calories but high in Vitamins such as A, C, K, folate and fiber, asparagus is a powerhouse of nutrition.
Experience the delicious earthiness of our Asparagus Shiitake Soup
ASPARAGUS: Asparagus is a good source of vitamins A, C and K, as well as folate, potassium and chromium. It is high in protein and fiber, but low in calories.
SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS: Shiitakes have a high amount of natural copper, which supports a healthy immune system, bones and blood vessels.
Main Benefits of the nutrients in these ingredients:
- Vitamin A: good for immunity function and vision, and is an antioxidant.
- Vitamin B9/Folate: helps with the production of red blood cells and keeps DNA strong.
- Vitamin C: strengthens the immune system and aids in collagen production.
- Vitamin K: improves blood clotting and regenerates bone tissue.
- Chromium: a trace mineral that improves insulin sensitivity.
- Potassium: helps regulate blood pressure, fluid balance, and nerve signals.
Low Fat and Low Calorie
Dairy, Soy and Gluten Free
SPICE PAIRING OR TOPPING SUGGESTION
Toppings: Goat Cheese
Pairings: Sliced Hard Boiled Egg and a drop of Truffle Oil; Baked Polenta
Protein: Miso flavored Salmon or Scallops